Bedford Eights & Fours Head
Sudbury Rowing Club had a number of crews racing at Bedford Fours and Eights head last weekend. Conditions were cold and very wet but the crews rowed well over the 2000m course and five out of nine came home with silverware.
The mens open club eight of Byron Bullen, Ben Thompson, Harry Moule, Nick George, Raph Franke, Pete Donovan, Steve Zimmerman, Antony Moule and Amelia Moule (cox) came second out of six in their category in a time of 6:42. Coach Antony Moule stepped in to fill the crew - a rare opportunity to race with his son and daughter in the same boat.
The mens masters E/F/G eight of Lee Adams, Paul Adams, Robin King, Simon White, Kevin Fish, Tim Wallace, Keith Paxman, Mark Todd and Victoria Burgess (cox) came fourth in a time of 7:20.
Competing in the mens masters B/C/D eight event was the masters mixed crew of Sophie Lovegrove, Jenny Ward, Alex Elmon, Karl Hillman, Keith Paxman, Matt Savage, Amanda Ashton, Tricia Fincham and Mike Arnott (cox) who finished a very respectable third in a time of 7:51 (adjusted to 7:29).
The womens Junior 18 coxless quad of Emily Norfolk, Evie Prager, Elodie Nicholson and Jess Wilby (bow) finished third out of seven crews in 7:46.
The winning crews were:
- The womens club eight of Amelia Moule, Zoe Rogers, Martha Bullen, Evie Prager, Emily Norfolk, Elodie Nicholson, Victoria Burgess, Jess Wilby and Harry Moule (cox) won their event by 31 seconds, beating 7 crews in a time of 7:17.
- The womens quad of Amelia Moule, Martha Bullen, Evie Prager and Zoe Rogers (bow) won in a time of 7:28.
- The mens coxed four of Byron Bullen, Harry Moule, Raph Franke, Ben Thompson and Amelia Moule (cox) won in a time of 7:13 beating seven crews.
- The mixed quad of Alex Elmon, Jackie Lloyd, Amanda Ashton and Karl Hillman beat their opposition by one second in a time of 8:25.
- The masters B/C/D eight of Lee Adams, Paul Adams, Robin King, Pete Donovan, Kevin Fish, Tim Wallace, Simon White, Mark Todd and Victoria Burgess (cox) won their event beating four crews. Their time of 7:23 was adjusted to 7:01 after the handicap was applied.
The next event will be Norwich Head.